Lately, I have been talking about the importance of social business to business. Whether you opt to focus on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, there are some tips you need to follow as posted on 4 Tips in Promoting Your Facebook Page and 4 More Tips in Promoting Your Facebook Page.
However, that’s not all. Aside from the helpful tips, you should also know what NOT to do you are on social media. As a business owner, you should always strive to be active, and at the same time, follow the proper etiquette on social media.
To foster positive relationships, here are 4 things that you shouldn’t every try doing on social media especially if you are representing a business.
No Concrete Plan
- Like any business venture, you need to plan. Just because you are online now, it doesn’t mean that social media can right away transform your business immediately. You just go into battle without a plan.
- You just don’t plunge into the social media realm just because everyone is doing it. Before anything else, I think you should define your specific goals. What do you want to achieve? So, you have to research the steps to do in order to achieve your goal. Carefully planning your actions will ensure that you aren’t exhausting any valuable reason. After all, haste makes waste.
- In social media, there’s no need to deceive people. Sadly, there are brands that would go as far as misleading their customers in order to gain money. They lie to be popular, to gain a huge following, and to be on top of the game.
- Yes, it may help you gain followers quickly, but it won’t help you acquire loyal customers. Don’t be tempted to create false statements and fabricate stories in order to please everyone. If you do that, everyone will not love you. There will always be haters lurking in every corner. At the end of the day, lying will not hurt your customers, but it will only hurt your brand’s reputation.
- Social media was not made to be a one-way street. After all, it’s called “social” media so you need to socialize with people. To succeed in strengthening your social media presence, you need to start talking. Post your thoughts and add your own personality when you interact with your audience. That will make you unique from the other brands!
- So, even if you will just say thank you, do it. Reply to positive comment. Start a conversation. Failure starts when you neglect all the likes, shares, retweets, and comments you are getting. No one will talk to you if you ignore everyone. Hence, start helping people, share what you know, and bring happiness to your social media profiles.
No Spam Messages
- Lastly, please do not flood the news feed of your followers. No one likes to see spam messages. In social media, it’s easy to block off annoying profiles. Of course, you would not want you followers to block you, right?
- It brings us back to item #1: PLAN. Think of what you are going to post. Successively posting several messages may seem as spam for many people. So, don’t be careless on publishing status updates.