The holidays are over and it’s now the start of a new year. The next thing you’ll know is that it’s going to be Valentine’s Day. Websites should discard the Christmas decorations and start filling their websites with hearts and flowers. Valentine’s Day is the time where people go the extra mile to show their love for their loved ones. For websites, it’s the perfect time to spread love. Valentine’s Day promotions are going to pop up anytime soon. So, here are 3 tips for your retail site this upcoming Valentine’s Day:
Tip #1: Prepare In Advance.
- January is the ideal time to start organizing a Valentine’s Day plan. Whatever your business may be, it’s imperative that you should start early. After the Christmas break, you can begin planning what you might want to do this Valentine’s Day. You need time to spread your website campaigns. Even with the help of the internet, promotions and sales will popularize in a snap. Plus, you need to give people time to save up enough money to splurge on this special day.
- Another reason to start early is that other websites may have started with their own marketing campaigns If you won’t plan now, you will only be left with hardly any customers. Take the first step and start knocking on their generous hearts (no pun intended!)
Tip #2: Use Images to Get People Ready for Valentine’s Day
- It’s such a happy and joyous occasion. Since it’s Valentine’s day, add hearts, flowers, teddy bears, and chocolate to your marketing ads. Website reminders and email messages just won’t do it. Each time you have a website sale, like on Valentine’s day, make sure to add happy and lively pictures.
- You should also follow a certain template. Whether it’s a special photo you took yourself, the cheery banner, or the social media advertisement you carefully planned, there should be a sense of uniformity. All the materials you prepared should use the same color scheme, font, and style. Not only that, it should also contain your logo, your website link, and your various social media accounts. So, people can easily know where to find your products that moment they see the ad.
Tip #3: Spread the Word by Spreading LOVE!
- How do we exactly do this third tip? You spread love through giveaways! It’s time to let your customers do the marketing for you. By conducting a variety of giveaways on your different social media accounts, people can easily spread your Valentine’s day sale.
- Whether your customers are mainly on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, you start a simple “like and share” giveaway. Anyone interested to WIN freebies from you will just repost an image or a status update. This way, the giveaway can trigger a ripple effect. So, people are inspired to share and spread the word about your Valentine’s day promotion.
- Lastly, you DON’T have to do a giveaway at all times. Other strategies include: offering a FREE gift to anyone who reaches the required minimum purchase amount. Just remember that during these special occasions, every online business is brainstorming of a one-of-a-kind strategy to convince people to buy. If every website similar to you is having a buy 1, get 1 free, why not add something like an all-expense-paid Valentine’s day date? That additional prize will surely make you stand out from the rest. It’s doesn’t have to be at an 5-star hotel. People will still appreciate having a date at a cozy restaurant. It makes the date more meaningful and more memorable!