Years ago, featuring a video on the landing page was just mere novelty. Now, it’s not just for “beautification” purposes because adding videos on the landing page helps increase conversion. As much as 80% of the web visitors are converted through the aid of a video presentation. That’s a huge turnaround! Why does it work? What’s the magic formula? For starters, many people are too lazy to read, and they want someone to explain and summarize the product features for them. Let me help you do the same for your website. Read the tips below:
GET TO THE POINT!
- According to an AdAge article, 20% to 30% of the web visitors will abandon the page after a 10-second video. The remaining 70% to 80% leave after the 30-second mark. So, that’s why I was telling you “to deliver the message in less than a minute.” (If you missed it, you can read part 1 here.)
THUMBNAILS ARE IMPORTANT, TOO.
- The question now is… how do we make a compelling video? What will keep the web visitors engaged? Another important factor, aside from the content of the video, is the thumbnail. In fact, it invites people to click that play button. The chances of it getting noticed increases by 15 percent. It would be a shame to just ignore the help of the thumbnails.
- Here are some examples of an effective thumbnail:
- A sneak peek of the video. It should reflect the overview of the whole thing. Insert a text on what was discussed on the video.
- Show feelings. Whether the thumbnail showcase a smiling or shocked expression, there should be an obvious emotion so people will be curious enough to play the video.
- A close-up shot. There should be a person face on the thumbnail. It makes the video less robotic and more relatable.
- When creating video presentations, remember your color, font, and style choices. You should be consistently using the same thing. That way, people can immediately associate the style with your brand. They can recall your brand immediately the moment they play the video.
- Don’t forget to add a watermark of your logo or your official website in all your videos. Whether they are watching an intro video or a tutorial video, interested customers will know where to go in order to learn more about the product or service.
APPLY CLOSED CAPTIONING (CC) TO YOUR VIDEOS.
- Closed captioning or subtitling is helpful to people watching. They are provided the transcript of the video. That way, they wouldn’t be replaying a scene over and over.
- Adding subtitles is necessary especially if you are introducing new terms. It provides clarity. People watching won’t be constantly asking for the words uttered. This is particularly helpful when you are using jargon or highfalutin words in your video presentation. The terminologies won’t seem so foreign now. They will stick around because they learned something from you.
Now that you have the tips, you obviously need an excellent video editing software to apply them all. Well, you can hire a professional to record the video and edit it for you. However, doing it on your own allows you customize and change it the way you want.