Within a month, website rankings usually shoot up and gain a substantial rank. However, there are SEO professionals who think that there is a force that is preventing websites from getting a good ranking spot within the first few months since the website’s creation.
In a previous blog post, I was able to discuss this phenomenon in detail: Is There Really a Google Sandbox? Now that you know a thing or two about Google Sandbox, I will proceed to elaborate on how to get out of the sinking sand. Here are a few tips on how to avert Google Sandbox:
1. Accelerate the indexing process
- When you publish your website, yes, your website is out to the world, but it’s not yet on Google’s radar. It is still new to Google not unless it is indexed. To know if your website has been successfully indexed by Google. First, you need to go the Google homepage and search “site:insertyourwebaddresshere.” This will let you know how many web pages have been indexed by Google.
- If you don’t see any pages, you need to act fast and do the necessary measures. To expedite the indexing process, add your domain name on Google Search Console and upload your XML sitemap.
2. Increase web traffic
- In the first few days of site, obtaining a substantial amount of traffic necessary. This will let Google know that your website is getting page clicks. Thus, Google will help you move up. With a higher ranking, you easily get out of the Google Sandbox.
- For web visitors to flock your site, consider posting on other platforms. Promote your website in forums and group pages, in Facebook, in Twitter, and places where people hang out often.
- Also, it will also help if you try to post on other websites. Reach out and try to do a guest post on popular sites. This will not only bring more people to your site, but also strengthen your backlink profile.
3. Boost social media presence
- Popularity on social media is a good sign. For example, gaining a reputation on sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, would signal Google that your website is trusted by many.
- To gain more traffic to your own site, you might want to consider signing up for a paid promotion or do a series of ads on Facebook and social networking sites.
- Also, when you blog about a certain topic, do not forget to promote it on Facebook. This will definitely boost the visibility of your blog posts.
4. Choose keywords carefully
- When you are still in the “sandbox”, Google may not boost your rankings if you prioritize the popular keywords. Instead, choose long tail keywords.
- To know keywords to rank, you need to do a keyword research first.
- Check what keywords are trending and what are not. Also, do know what your competitors are targeting.
- It is best to do a competitor research and rank for the same keywords that they are targeting.
- For starters, there are tools like Ubersuggest and Keyworddit. Read more on: SEO Keyword Tools That Are Free to Use.