If you spend a lot of time in front of your computer, your fingers stay on your keyboard until your work is finished. If you are a graphic designer, a writer, a serious game player or a plain housewife, there is always the right keyboard for your needs. Read the various types of keyboards in this link. If you are using a desktop, you are probably thinking of getting a keyboard with extra features that will make your computer experience better. If your current keyboard does not suit you, buy another one, but use this guide in choosing a keyboard.
Read the guide below:
- Check the back of your computer to see the port. The round one is PS2 port while the rectangular is a USB port. This will tell you what type of connection your keyboard needs. If you do a lot of typing, use an ergonomic keyboard. On the other hand, if you deal with numbers, use a numeric pad. The right keyboard will allow you to work in great ease and comfort.
- Today, both PAS/2 and USB ports are obsolete. The most recent keyboard is a wireless that connects to your computer via Bluetooth technology. The only problem is how to set it up. The keyboards needs to be compatible with the system. Find out if your computer has a Bluetooth adapter before purchasing one.
- For serious game players, a gaming keyboard is just the right one for you. This is usually backlit and illuminated. You can play all night in the dark because you can see the keys very clearly. There are keyboards that needs more pressure when you type, but there are those that has that soft and sensitive touch. Depending on what kind of game you are playing, the “switch” is the mechanism that takes care of the sensitivity, level of noise, and comfort.
- Nowadays, keyboards are design to make your computer experience relaxing. Keyboards can be group together according to the various needs of people. There are now portable and compact keyboards and the keys are close together. Additionally, it may not have a numpad like the picture above.
- Should you go wire or wireless? The wireless will not clutter your working space because it has no cord. But it could get into the way of other wireless devices. If you are a serious game player, the wireless can lag which can affect the gameplay. Also, wireless is powered by batteries that will add to your cost, or you have to charge it as often.
- The keyboards are also adjusted to the fast-paced lifestyle of users. There are keyboards like multimedia. It has extra keys for controlling the music player, launching apps, volume control, and so on. Others use a touch pad or a joystick in place of a mouse.
Of course, the keyboards that has added features has a price. You can always chose the one that fits your budget. The more features you want, the more expensive. Whatever you decide, whether ergonomic, gaming, wireless, multimedia, portable, do not forget to check the keystrokes first. See how the keys feel when you use it.