There are numerous benefits to using either Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Pay-Per-Click (PPC) digital marketing strategies. More so if you use both and have them work together to drive traffic to your page.
By utilizing these two crucial digital marketing strategies (SEO and PPC) and integrating them into your marketing strategy, they will most likely increase the chances of people visiting or clicking your page.
With the increase of visitors comes the surge of prospective customers. This can only mean more sales for you, am I right? So, how exactly do you make good use of these two together?
Introduction to Search Engine Optimization & Pay-Per-Click Ads
Before we start on making use of these two marketing strategies, let’s have a quick overview of them individually.
First, what is Search Engine Optimization or SEO? If SEO were to be defined, it is basically the use of keywords or related content to increase chances of higher ratings and visibility of your page. Pay-Per-Click ads or PPC marketing, on the other hand, is the use of advertisements on websites to earn money for every click or visit a user has made on advertisements.
Both have their own contributions to improving the sales and popularity of your page through online.
SEO vs PPC (Pros & Cons)
Although it is indeed true that the two digital marketing strategies are effective and beneficial to their own right, each of them comes with their own pros and cons when used for digital marketing.
- Visibility of keywords in search engines
- Drives sales and branding
- Reliable and trusted due to high ratings or good reputation
- Increases website traffic
- Cost effective digital marketing strategy and the cost per click is free
- Return on investment (ROI)
- Sustainable and long lasting
- Improves Click-through rate (CTR)
- More clicks and a larger scope
- Strategically advantageous against competition
Utilizing SEO isn’t as easy as you think. There are cons to it as you start out, such as slow traffic drive, be left behind and your keywords being dominated by big-time rivals.
- Can easily test and analyze landing pages, headlines and templates
- Get instant campaigns and feedbacks
- Drive immediate traffic on specific keywords
- Improved and visual product advertisements
- Front position on pages
- Fixed budget limit
- Laser-targeted and branding visibility
- Intelligent marketing
- Stable and cost-efficient if managed well
PPC is great and all but it tends to be expensive. Costs can quickly increase as you go since paid search advertising requires constant investment. Competitors can also easily overtake you if not managed well.
Integrating SEO and PPC together
Below are the benefits of running SEO and PPC together:
- PPC keywords and data can be fed into SEO
- Increase of traffic
- High and low keywords can be transferred from PPC to SEO
- A/B testing can be fed into SEO and landing pages
- Allows remarketing to stay on front page
- Tests your PPC strategies before integrating long-term SEO
- Broader target audience
- Stronger awareness and visibility
When SEO and PPC come together, you can get the ideal digital marketing support and synergy for your page. They will be able to drive greater results than the competition.