The Microsoft equivalent of Google isn’t that bad. If you read 3 SEO Tips for Bing, you would know Microsoft’s Bing has 500 million users per month. Well, it’s nothing to the 74.8% market share of Google. Then again, 500 million people is still a lot!
Ignoring this demographic would be such a shame. Bing may only be second to Google, but it still represents millions of users. With that, I will present 5 more SEO Tips for Bing. Read about it below:
1. Don’t forget social media!
I am emphasizing this because unlike Google, Bing added social engagements to their algorithm. More than any search engine, Bing values social signals to determine the quality.
- So, make sure you are active on social media. Most people are on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter anyway!
- To increase brand awareness, be where your customers are.
- For instance, Pinterest and Instagram are more of pictures. If you have a photography business or anything that concerns interior designing, this is a great venue to promote your website.
- To make it short: the more social engagements, the more chance you website will rank well on Bing.
Things to avoid:
- Don’t even try to buy social media followers, and
- do not fake your profile.
What I mean here is that your voice on social media should be authentic. If you can, handle the accounts yourself. If you can’t, assign it to a staff that knows the business well. You would not want someone to post inaccurate information of your business.
2. Apply the basic optimizations.
The thing about Bing is that it is less advanced than Google. So, you really don’t need to complicate things and just apply the following:
- Add keywords on the title or page heading.
- Use different heading tags (H1 to H6) to emphasize important words.
- Subheadings usually take the H2 format.
- Just make sure to not stuff too many keywords in one page.
Just a little reminder:
Since Bing uses a different standard, applying SEO tips for Bing may affect your Google ranking. Same goes for Google.
When a website is optimized for Google, Bing rankings will get affected. That’s why most SEO practitioners just choose to ignore Bing.
3. Add tags and categories.
Tags and categories make your website more visible. It widens the reach of the terms added.
It’s important to not only add tags and categories to blog posts, but you can need to add on specific pages.
4. Develop a link building strategy.
Here’s the tricky part: Bing emphasizes on the exact match anchor texts for the links. However, if you are doing too much of it, Google would not like that.
So, it’s going to be hard finding the right balance of Bing and Google. Be sure to read Bing’s rules and comply with their webmaster guidelines at all times.
5. Enhance website speed.
Of course, speed is important whether it’s Bing or Google. Anywhere you go, users of the different search engine want a shorter loading time.
Everyone wants lightning fast search results. For Bing, you can get suggestions on how to enhance the page load time when you check the Bing Webmaster Tools.