As a laptop owner who is accustomed to the traditional keyboard, you will wonder why the market is full of touch screen laptops. This is ideal for graphic artists who can have more control of the design. But if you are a student, a business person, or a plain housewife, you might not really need it. Let us first find out both the advantages and disadvantages.
Here is the list of the advantages:
- A touchscreen display makes it easier to apply the image editors available.
- Designing graphic apps like CAD gives the right dimensions.
- For the games addict, playing games can be more fun and easier too!
- Microsoft made sure that their operating systems are compatible to non-touch and touch based laptop increases your output.
- Touch screens makes interaction with your PC faster and easier in contrast to using track pad or a mouse and a keyboard.
- If you have difficulty in typing, this saves time for you. All you need is a pen (stylus) input, and you can write or illustrate anything on your screen with such excellent precision. Both Windows 7 & 8 can translate anything you write into text.
With all these amazing things, touchscreen laptop is a touchdown. If you are convinced that you need one, why don’t you first find out the disadvantages before buying a touchscreen laptop.
Here are the disadvantages:
- The touchscreen display can use up your battery power in comparison to a normal display because the touch digitizer is always on even if you are not using it.
- The added mechanisms and sensors in a touchscreen adds from 0.2 to 0.4 pounds of thickness. This will not just affect the ergonomics and transportability, but it defeats the purpose of touhscreens being handy.
- Touchscreen laptops have an effect on the viewing angles and brightness. It uses a glossy material so reflections are present.
- The screen links and buttons are small that clicking them could be a real challenge. Filling out forms and shopping could be a hassle.
- You need to use the microfiber more often than usual because of the many smears on your screen. This could be irritating for most people.
- A touchscreen laptops are definitely more pricey. This could hurt your budget.
- Try holding your arm for at least two minutes and for sure, your hands will fall off. So, what else could happen if you use your touchscreen for hours? Your hands and arms could hurt too. A good touchpad will not cause you this pain. For one, it gives you more helpful movements like three-finger swipe and two finger rotation. It is also easier to Navigate Windows 10 desktop with a touchpad as compared to a touch screen. Studies shows that touchscreen will later on cause you back and shoulder problems because of too much reaching out.
In the end, the touchscreen’s functionality does not meet any necessary needs. It is not just expensive, but also puts your health on the line. Weigh the pros and the cons before deciding to buy one.