Adding images greatly enhances your content. It plays an important role in convincing people to read what you offer. Previously, I discussed that stock photos could have some disadvantages. So, I thought of formulating more useful tips for you in acquiring the best photo for your blog post. Below are the second batch of tips and tricks:
- Use GIFs!
- To start off, a GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format. It has gained popularity because it supports animations. Yes, the pictures move. Thus, it can provide humor and entertainment to bored readers.
- However, you have to remember that GIFs are suitable for all content types. For the serious types, of course, you need helpful guides to aid your readers. For lighter topics, this is where you will find GIFs applicable.
- When you have a funny and comical articles, GIFs can be a great addition. Your readers would appreciate the laugh. It would be a break from the usual blog posts they read all over the internet.
- So, where can you get amusing GIFs for your commentary? There are 5 famous GIF websites namely: Gfycat, AwesomeGIFs, Tenor, ReactionGIFS, and GIPHY. All these sites can give you the fun and humor when you need it the most.
- Make Custom Images.
- When you are still struggling to find the right photo, you can always make your own. Luckily, today, there are a lot of tools available online. You don’t need to master Photoshop because ready-made templates are there to help you.
- Online websites, like Design Bold and Canva, provide you with luxury of creating something you actually like, and convenience to be able design with just a few clicks.
- Personally, I use Canva. Though both websites provide free accounts, I still prefer Canva because of the wide variety of available templates that are useful in my line of work.
- If you wish to have a program that you can install in your computer, well, there’s GIMP and GetPaint. Both of them are available for Windows while GIMP has additional support for OS X and Linux users.
- They are free to use; just click on the links I provided to redirect to their respective download pages. With GIMP and GetPaint, you won’t worry about not being able to edit when there’s no stable internet connection. Online or offline, these programs will surely help you create the custom-made images for your blog post.
Making your own photos help in boosting your website credibility. It also proves that you are able to transform complex data into simple and understandable graphs. More people would appreciate how you made their lives easier with your stunning visuals.
This would guarantee reliable backlinks for website because people love it when you help them digest a lengthy article. They go to the internet and search for a simpler explanation on things. It would be also easy to market your original pieces because cite your website.
Blog posts with just words are not exactly bad. However, people would not enjoy reading it. Thus, they would click away. That would mean no views and no social share for your written articles. So, spice things up by applying the tips in part 1 and part 2.