Color is the most powerful way of creating an impression. It keeps in touch with the users emotionally. Your website can have a unified look with the right combination of colors. There are ways in picking the right colors. Study your brand colors, then select your color palette. You will never go wrong if you go for the colors that best represent your products and services.
Use a color scheme tool to do this.
- COLOURlovers – here is where you can view the latest trends in color. It is a wide community composed of people around the world. They share and create colors, patterns and palettes, talk about trends and explore the colorful articles.
- ColoRotate – is a 3D tool used in viewing and testing the various colors, mix, and adjust to how you like it.
- Adobe Kuler – this is like ColoRotate but the difference is that, but Adobe Kuler offers suggestions. The color rule will give you the guidelines in selecting the right colors. This can surely help you decide on what colors to pick.
- Paletton – When in doubt, Paletton has a built-in randomizer that will help you choose the colors just by a single click.
Think of the symbolism of colors. Learn the emotions and realization of the various hues. Colors gives different emotions to different people. Think of your target audience and pick the colors that represent them.
There are no rules in colors, although interior and fashion designers follows the 60-30-10 rules to achieve the perfect harmony.
- 60% primary color of the space. This will bring the theme together.
- 30% contrast with the 60% for notable effect.
- 10% accent color that complement the primary and secondary colors. It can be used to highlight the material on your site like a sort of call-to-action.
Think of the goals of your website. If your website wants an action to be done by someone, pick the colors that can move an emotion from the site visitors. Do not be afraid to experiment with colors.
Start with five colors, and add or subtract colors depending on how you develop your design.
When you have five colors, tints and shades can be applied. A content-rich page is a good example because it needs to separate the tables, captions, and the side bars from its content. The result unites the design and that a fourth or fifth color is no longer needed. The tints and shades can be utilized for added color. They do not clash with the color scheme.
The psychology of color is used by businesses to help product engagement. The restaurants chooses red and orange, financial institutions or banks uses blue, hotels is partial to blue, white, black or green. Luxury products chooses the elegant black in packaging.
The color of the background and text are important. Use contrasting colors in the font and the background. Black is easier on the eyes and people are used to black fonts. Dark on light or vice versa is also a good choice.