When we think of important elements of a classic web design, we often put a little effort when it comes to color compared to other elements because we deem that it does not have that much of essence to the overall aptness of your website.
What has COLOR CONTRAST got to do with this?
In designing a website, when it comes to color contrast may seem a bit basic to discuss with but in actuality, there are a lot of factors to consider when dealing with color contrasts if you want your site to look flawless.
WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT?
- There are rare cases that some graphic designers stick to a minimalistic approach in their respective designs that they end to opt for monotones and such and that is completely fine.
- Though it happens rarely, there are still some graphic designers who prefers a minimalistic approach when doing their designs. When this happens, they end up using monotones and such for their designs, and that is completely fine.
- However, we need to incorporate colors not only for the reason that they add a bit of flare to the entirety of your design, but also because it can create a greater chance that a client might want to visit your site. In doing such, you are splashing colors all around because contrast is very important to the image you are trying to present on your website.
THE HOWS OF COLOR CONTRAST
- The important things you need to take note of are your product or service and the website itself. The vivacity of a color contrast’s role in web design was mentioned in the earlier parts of the article.
- For example, if you have a product that is primarily covered in color ORANGE, will it be ideal to post the product on your website if the latter’s dominant color is likewise orange? I suppose not. Whatever you are trying to sell will only get lost in the background. This is exactly why color contrast exists because it retains you from combining incompatible colors that will only divert your clients’ attention from what you really want them to see.
- There are many color combinations that can cause a total chaos to the totality of your website and do more harm than good when it is combined. It is wise to do a research about colors or shades that will never work well together to make sure that you are doing the right thing.
HOW ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE COLOR BLIND?
- In our total population, there is a certain percentage of people who are considered color blind. Most of these people are men. When you are color blind, you don’t have the ability to see the colors’ real colors. Statistically speaking, the number of people who are totally color blind is fairly low, but that does not mean that we should disregard them.
- The colors red and green are the usual colors that do not appear as they are to those who suffer color blindness. So if you want your design to be useful and universal, make sure to give this tip a consideration.
- Annoying color combinations like red and blue, purple and red, blue and pink, and other similar shades are painful to look at. So, you better avoid using these combinations when you want to emphasize something.