Okay, it’s time for another set of tips that will get you Google’s approval. Last time, I talked about the importance of having exceptional and engaging content. For this post, I will still continue discussing the same topic.
Hopefully, by using these SEO strategies, you will be on Google’s good side. You will learn how to keep both the users and Google satisfied. After all, Google is the leading search engine and you would surely want to gain an upper hand.
Show what you know.
- When we talk about content, it should reflect utmost quality. It helps if you show your expertise. Blog about the things you are knowledgeable about!
- If you know something that others do not, then show it on your website. That will be your advantage and use it as a leverage. (Read more on: E-A-T And Why Website Owners Should Care)
- Google is always searching for trustworthy websites, and if you have the expertise, you will surely gain Google’s attention and respect.
- Take time to show everyone about your professional background, share about the events you have attended, and talk about your high-profile clients. If you discuss about these things, your website will be synonymous to reliable. Thus, people will depend on your website for information.
Optimize your website’s on-page SEO.
- Yes, there are things that you CANNOT control. However, there are things you can use to your advantage: on-page SEO factors.
- What are these on-page SEO factors? These are the things you can tweak on your website. It includes the following:
- page titles
- meta descriptions
- headings and subheadings
- images and alt texts
- If you want to learn more, refer to this blog post: How to Increase SEO’s Effectiveness. To be honest, it’s not that tough to optimize on-page SEO elements. Even changing the title could go a long way!
- So, consider all the little things on your website, and edit them if necessary. Once you have improved these page elements, then it’s easy to please both users and Google.
- Don’t ever think that these little details won’t make a huge difference. It really does! Think of it as building your dream house. For it to be the best structure, it needs a strong foundation. These on-page SEO elements will strengthen the foundations of your website.
Abide by the webmaster guidelines.
- Lastly, you need to remember that Google sets the rules. Whether you like it or not, you need to abide by the Google’s Webmasters Guidelines.
- If you do not, then expect a dreaded Google penalty in your inbox. (See: Let’s Define a “Google Penalty” and What to Do When You Are Given a Google Penalty?)
- Remember, it is better to avoid committing mistakes. Whenever you are confused on what to do next, always go back to the basics and read Google’s Webmasters Guidelines. You might end up doing something that violates the rules.
- To escape any headaches in the future, always read the rules of the game. Lastly, I wanna stress the importance of patience. You might be tempted to do things your own way because you don’t see immediate results. In SEO, there aren’t any shortcuts. You follow the rules and you get good results.
Next? 3 Tips to Follow to Gain Google’s Favor (Part 3)