There were some great ideas in Helpful Tips in Becoming a Terrific SEO Consultant (Part 1), and I will now talk about the other five suggestions.
So, let us go and tackle it right away:
- Anticipate the Questions
A good consultant will answer queries right away and in an understandable manner. Seems simple? Well, the truth is, many people struggle with this. Nonetheless, responding and tackling the queries is one important ingredient for a relationship with your client. So, remember never evade the question. It does not mean though that you must know every answer to every question, but anticipate the possible questions. In case you really do not know the answer, tell your client that it’s beyond your field of expertise and recommend someone who may be able to help. After all, SEO covers a wide scope that is connected to other fields like web design, email marketing, social media.
- Take the Proper Steps
Being a consultant means that you are in the business of giving professional advice to your client, but you have no authority in controlling the implementation procedure. Here are the things you may consider doing:
- Focus on the expected outcome – not all suggestions is immediate. Specify which ones are the top priorities and which ones can be put aside for a while. So, people will center on the tasks that have a direct effect on the project.
- Motivate implementation – a consultant should discuss the possible effects if suggestions are properly implemented.
- Think of other options – Is there any other strategy that will lead to the same result?
- Pick the Correct Tools
A terrific consultant also choses equally terrific tools. Even if you are smart, skilful, and has a lot of valuable experience, it is impossible to progress without great tools and funds. Tools could make or break the effectiveness of your business. It likewise affect the data that you get for your client. In addition, the extent of the tools should depend on the size and the needs of your business.
Tools has to be examined to come up with the best options. Here they are:
- Communications: Google Hangouts, Flowdock, Microsoft Teams, and etc.
- Project Management: Trello, Dropbox, OneDrive, and more.
- Email and social media marketing: Hootsuite, Buffer, Mailchimp, and others.
All of them are awesome; it is just a matter of choosing what works for your needs. Remember, other tools may work for others, but not necessarily for your business.
- Understand Your Audience
To understand your audience is a chance for you to adjust with the way you communicate with them. This is the only means that you can determine how to make your suggestions in a way that they will understand. Everybody in the meeting should know what will transpire or what is happening on the said program and your role on the project.
- Establish Your Worth
It is vital that you identify the objectives to assist you in showing your worth. You have to convey the developments efficiently. It is likewise vital that your client knows how you are able to accomplish the outcome. Make sure you present this accomplishments in a very light and direct manner. Talk about the whole story.