What do you do the moment you wake up? You look for your phone to check the time. After, you proceed to check for any urgent messages. We all do it, right? Email messages are a part of our morning routine. In this day and age, email has become a necessity because it is where important notifications are; be it on our personal social media or on our digital workspace. By the end of 2018, email accounts in the US are expected to surpass the 248.7 million mark.
Everyone is using an email account especially when it’s their first time to log in on a website. Hence, it is not wise for you to NOT invest on email marketing. Is it really true that you can find money in your email list? Yes, it is possible!
How to make magic? Well, I have listed below 3 ways to help you advertise your products to your email subscribers .
Promote a product on your confirmation (or thank you) email!
- When a customer buys from your website, your initial reaction would be to say thank you. You will acknowledge that you have received their order and this email is the official confirmation.
- Included in the email, you will list details of the order, the items bought, the price they paid for each item. To transform this email into something that generates income, you should promote your other products on the side. Remind your customer of the other existing offers.
- Add a call-to-action button that redirects the customer to the product page directly. To convince the customer even more, you can add 5-star product reviews. Surely, the customer will be curious to check out what the fuss is all about.
Repeat successful promos.
- Did you start a 3-day sale that went viral or you had a previous promotion that was avidly loved by many? Either way, you should definitely do it again. If it works for you, then, make it a yearly event.
- Email your subscribers the same time each year regarding your annual Christmas sale event. Inspect all your offers and promotions and repeat those successful ones. People think they’re saving a lot of money when the say a huge discount advertised on emails.
- Just make sure to NOT overdo it. Like I said earlier, an annual SALE event is not bad a strategy. In fact, it’s a great way to make money instantly.
Group your email subscribers.
- What do I mean when I say organize? You should learn to divide your email subscribers. Study your email stats carefully and take a look at how many clicks one campaign garnered. This way, you will have an idea how many exactly are interested in the product and how many are just mere bystanders.
- You can group it by the number of click-throughs, page views, and purchase made. By segmenting, you can focus on the email campaigns that work and ditch the ones that don’t. Easy peasy!
As a way to end this post, I will redirect you to another email marketing related post about the different ideas to include in your email list. If you want to know tips in selling your products, I shared 8 important tips here. Just remember, whether you have 5 subscribers or 5,005 subscribers, you should always be thankful for these people. Each subscriber will help you on your way up. Never break their trust!