We all know Google name 2 primary ranking factors: links and content. However, search engines, not just Google, are continuing to evolve, and ranking tools don’t just look at the links and texts.
While not everyone agrees on what to follow and what not to follow, these 5 on-site SEO factors are. Below are the SEO factors you should always take not when creating a website:
- Of course, content will forever be relevant. You should know that it’s not enough to just post something out there.
- Around 91% of content gets no traffic from Google according from a new research by Ahrefs.
- So, how do we go about this?
- There should be content relevance. Content is useless if no one wants it. You should always consider your users when publishing new content.
- Know what your readers or users are intending to search, read, and buy. In fact, Google’s algorithms are working nonstop to analyze better how users do their searches.
- We can know what the users want in a form of survey, answer boxes, and polls. Ultimately, content is the number 1 ranking factor because if your content is pointless, no one will ever view or read it.
So, how to enhance content?
- Know the purpose of your keywords. Is it to inform? Is to help people shop? Is it to offer navigation?
- Study the search engine results of your keywords, and know the top-ranking keywords.
- Search similar keywords, and know how to enhance the content using those similar terms.
- Deep content is also known as long-form content. Now, long-form content is considered a popular choice for a lot of informational searches.
- In fact, according to HubSpot, 2,250 and 2,500 words of deep content got more web traffic than those shorter posts.
- Good news for those who are writing longer than 2,500 words. Being skilled on a particular subject will surely be helpful in terms of SEO.
So, how to enhance deep content?
- Know the top-level website and study their content carefully.
- Add similar keywords to draw content on other subcategories or topics.
- Address all the questions the user may have.
- You also have to organize your content. It is important add title tags and header tags.
- Adding tags can help with conveying your message better.
- When you categorize, it is readable for both your users and search engines.
- Helps pages become more scannable.
So, how to enhance arranged content?
- Add focus keywords to the URL, page title, and other related area.
- Add different headers (H1 – H6) when you cite the focus keywords.
- You create websites so your users can interact with each other. A website should be accessible to people and search engines. So, you should always think of new ways to excite your readers.
- Ask yourself if your content is intriguing and captivating. Are you personally bored with it?
- User engagement is an indicator that your users like your content. Keep making posts that always generate comments and reactions from people. More tips will be discussed soon so stayed tuned for part 2!